Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Daily worries

Imagine a world without TV and news. Our daily conversations should go around the high temperatures in Madrid, "I heard that in other places in Spain is also too warm...", public transportation, holidays, family, the book I read, what about my sister in Germany, the pictures of my nieces and nephew, I helped that woman in the bus, today is my father's birthday, etc...

Now welcome again to our world. Another tsunami has just killed more than 200 people in Indonesia, president Bush is telling Blair that the conflict in Lebanon is a shit, is really Brad Pitt promoting green houses?, Fabio Capello is having difficulties with Madrid soccer players, another 80 killed in Irak, the talibans are gaining power in Afghanistan, the Spanish government is negotiating with ETA, another woman is being killed by her husband, terrorist attacks in India, etc...

Have all these news make us unhappy?

I believe it is important to be aware of what is happening in the world but our daily actions generally have impact only around us. Is here were we can make the change. When you think the world is crazy and the life is a nightmare, shut the TV off and concentrate only on your daily worries. You will see the difference :-)

A lot of people making small changes make a big change!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home