Friday, July 21, 2006

Just ask!

People tends to judge other people. It works this way:

Person A------------------Person B
Intentions - Actions<->Actions - Intentions

Person A has some intentions and he/she does some actions to get the result. Person B does not see Person A intentions, he/she observes only the actions and with them he/she infers Person A's intentions. And with the intension Person B could make a judgment about Person A.
The problem with this is it is very hard to identify the real intentions only watching some actions. When Person B infers wrong intentions about Person A, he/she would make also a wrong judgement.
Because it is so hard to be right judging people it is better not to judge them, unless you want to take the risk of wrong-judging someone. I know it is easy to say this but hard to do.
An example. Yesterday I wrote a post called How to see what you don't see. You could think I wanted to make you to look at the red car in the picture, or even make you discover any trick in the post. The answer is NO. My real intention was to check if I could post a picture with my PDA on the blog by sending an email to the blog page. I discovered that it is not possible and then I attached the picture by editing the post with the computer. Probably no one of you imagined my intentions of the last post so any judgment you could make would be wrong ;-)

So, the answer to really know anyone's intentions is ASK. If you ask you will get the answer to what you don't see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home